New Regulations for Foreign Experts in Israel    ||    30 Days Work Authorization (SEA) Program Is Now Available for Up to 45 Days    ||    Visa Waiver Program between Israel and Belarus    ||    Average Salary Update    ||    New "B/2 Entrepreneur" Visa    ||   


The A visa is designed for Diplomats and Foreign Government Officials.  The A-1 visa is designed for Ambassadors, Congresspersons, and senior Diplomats; the A-2 visa is for Foreign Government Officials, while the A-3 visa is for personal employees and attendants of A visa holders.


The B1/B2 is a non-immigrant visa for feigners who wish to enter the United States on a temporary basis for business (B-1) or for pleasure (B-2).


D visas are meant for Seacraft and Aircraft crew.  The visa is granted at the consulate individually for each crew member. This is done so that a security check can be done on each and every crew member.


E-1/E-2 Treaty Traders and Treaty Investors

This visa consists of the E-1 treaty trader and E-2 treaty investors categories for investments between the U.S. and the applicant's home country. The visa is issued based on commercial treaties signed between the U.S. and the applicant's home country, and is also determined by the applicant's eligiblity. There are no annual quotas on the number of these visas issued.


F-1- Student Visas

This academic based visa is provided to a student who applied and was accepted to a program at an academic institution. The visa is valid as long as the student remains on the program. A student on this visa has limited working abilities (as determined by the university/college) and the student's spouse is not permitted to work.


H - Temporary Workers

The H-1B visa is the most common type of H visa that permits foreign workers to engage in employment in the U.S. on a temporary basis, if they are sponsored by a U.S. employer. To be eligible, an employee must have a specialty occupation. There is a cap of 65,000 H-1B visas per year.

Additional H visas include: H-2A Seasonal Agricultural Workers, H-2B Non-agricultural Workers, H-3 Workers Trained in Different Fields.


Designed for people who work in the media, these visa holders are bound by this visa even if the work is only for a few days.  Includes the crew and support staff of the press and journalists for newspaper, radio, television, etc.


J-1 Exchange Visitor

This visa is intended for individuals studying for a degree in higher education at academic institutions or for those working on an exchange program. A variety of J visas are available including PhD programs, hospotality, doctors, hotel staff, etc. The spouse of a J-1 visa holder is eligible to apply to work in the U.S.


K - Fiancé / Spouse (Married Abroad)

K visas enables fiances and spouses of U.S. citizens temporary entrance to the U.S. The K-1 permits entrance to fiances, while the K-3 is provided to spouses awaiting approval of a petition for permanent residency.


L - Intracompany Transferee

The L-1 visa is offered to employees who will be relocated to a subsidiary or affiliate of their foreign employer. Managers and executives are eligible to receive an L-1A, while qualified employees who hold specialized knowledge may apply for an L-1B. Spouses of L-1 employees receive an L-2 visa in which they are able to apply for an EAD (Employment Authorization Document) which permits them to work.


O - Foreign Workers with Extraordinary Ability

The O-1 visa is intended for people who have made extraordinary achievements in fields usch as science, business, entertainment, art and sports. In certain cases, assistants of the primary visa holders are able to enter the U.S. under O-2 status. Spouses and children receive O-3 status.


P - Performing Artists, Entertainers, and Athletes

The P visa enables athletes, artists, and entertainers to come to the U.S. to perform in their field. The P visa is an alternative to the O visa for those who cannot qualify under the extraordinary ability standard required for an O visa but who are otherwise eligible for the P visa.


R - Religious Workers

The applicant must be a member of a religious organization recognized in the U.S. Rabbis, Cantors, Hebrew teachers and , those engaged in religious services, such as butchers ("Shochatim") may apply.


This immigrant visa is available for a select few people demonstrating extraordinary ability. The advantage of this category is that neither a labor certification nor an employer sponsorship is required.


This immigrant visa is intended for internationally recognized professors and researchers whose work is expected to contribute to the welfare of the society in the U.S. This category is exempt from Labor Certification inquiry but employer sponsorship is necessary.


This immigrant visa is available to executives or managers transferring within multinational companieds on an international basis. This category is exempt from Labor Certification inquiry, but employer sponsorship is necessary.


This immigrant visa is intended for professionals holding an advanced degree, such as a Masters or Ph.D., or professionals with a significant amount of experience. Labor certification and employer sponsorship is required under most circumstances.


This immigrant visa is designated for aliens demonstrating exceptional ability in the arts, sciences or business. Labor certification and employer sponsorship is required.


Designed for professionals, skilled, and other workers, this category is a common one for receiving a Green Card. Both Labor Certification and employer sponsorship are mandatory.


R-1 visa holders are able to apply for this visa type in order to obtain a Green Card. This category is exempt from a Labor Certification, but employer sponsorship is required. This visa allows certain U.S. government employees, international organizations and other narrowly defined categories to apply in addition to religious workers.


JS turned off. Go to home page.

Site Style Changer

10 Predefined skins

You can easily replace font, background and color scheme.