By Ravit Bachrach, Senior Advocate | 

To be allowed to work legally, Foreign Journalists can enter Israel as tourists and apply for a B-1 work visa at the Ministry of Interior, followed by submission of an application for a Temporary Journalist Card from the Israeli Government Press Office (GPO).

Process description:

1.      The foreign national journalist should first arrive in Israel and receive a visitor permit (B-2 visa) for 3 months.

2.      Following the entry into Israel, the Journalist will need to apply at the Ministry of Interior for a B-1 work visa as a journalist. Processing time is estimated to be up to 10 workdays from the submission date.

3.      With the Work Permit in hand, the News Agency should submit an application to the GPO requesting to obtain a temporary journalist card. The application will have to be signed by both the applicant and the News Agency.

4.      Duration of the process: 2-3 weeks from entry.

Special remarks:

·        Dependents are allowed in this category.

·        Minimal government fees apply.

·        No prevailing wage requirement.

·        No housing requirement.

·        No limit in terms of possible extensions.

·        We recommend beginning preparing certain paperwork prior to entry.