Procedural steps for married couples

1) Stay pursuant to a visitor visa
The foreign spouse, requiring a visa to visit Israel prior to entrance as a result of his/her nationality, must receive a B-2 visitor visa from the Israeli consulate in the place of his/her residence abroad, on the basis of the foreign spouse’s request for status submitted to the Ministry of Interior. A visitor visa granted under this step-by-step process is generally authorized for two months.

2) Stay pursuant to a work visa

After a period of two months, and at the discretion of the Ministry of Interior, the foreign spouse will receive a B-1 work visa for a period of 6-10 months, which permits them to work legally with any employer in Israel, without needing to receive an employment permit from the Ministry of Industry, Trade & Labor.

3) Stay pursuant to a temporary resident visa

After a period of 8-12 months, the foreign spouse is issued an A-5 visa, which gives the foreign spouse temporary residence status in Israel. The A-5 visa is given for a period of 1 year, and during the step-by-step process, it is extended for 4 years in 1 year increments. The visa provides full social benefits to the foreign spouse from the National Insurance Institute (Bituach Leumi), health insurance according to the law, as well as an Israeli identity card (Teudat Zehut).

4) Stay pursuant to permanent residence status

After 4 1/2 years at least from the beginning of the step-by-step process, the foreign spouse may apply for Israeli citizenship, with the same status as that of an Israeli spouse.

Get in contact with us.