B-1 Foreign Journalist Work Visa

B-1 Work Visa for Journalists

To be allowed to work legally, Foreign Journalists can enter Israel as tourist and apply for a Temporary Journalist Card from the Israeli Government Press Office (GPO), and later apply for a B-1 work visa from the Ministry of Interior.

Process description:
  1. The foreign national journalist should first arrive to Israel and receive visitor permit (B-2 visa) for 3 months.
  2. Following the entry into Israel, his/her Press News Agency should submit an application to the GPO requesting to obtain a temporary journalist card. The application will have to be signed by both the applicant and the News Agency.
  3. In addition to the temporary journalist card, the foreign national journalist should also receive a recommendation letter issued by the GPO, intended to the Ministry of Interior, for the issuance of a B-1 work visa.
  4. The Journalist will need to apply at the Ministry of Interior for a B-1 work visa as a journalist, based on the GPO recommendation letter. Processing time is estimated to be up to 10 work days from submission date.
    5. Duration of process: 2-3 weeks from entry.
Special remarks:
  • Dependents are allowed in this category.
  • Minimal government fees apply.
  • No prevailing wage requirement.
  • No housing requirement.
  • No limit in terms of possible extensions.

Important: Working in Israel for any period of time without a permit and B-1 visa in the foreign expert’s passport, is a criminal offense. Whereby the employer and mangers will be subject to criminal penalties and fines, and the expert is expected to be deported, without being able to return for a period of 10 years.

Get in contact with us.