B-1 Post Doctoral Research Visa Process
The Post Doctoral B-1 Research Visa processing is more or less the same as that of the regular B-1 Work visa, however there are some differences regarding the B-1 Research Visa requirements, which are as follows:
- The Post Doctoral process is shorter- The Permit Unit approves applications within 10 days from the date of their submission.
- The assignee must hold a Ph.D. degree.
- The assignee is required to provide an approval from the Council for Higher Education (CHE) that the university is indeed an institution of higher education.
- The assignee is required to provide a recommendation from the university.
- The university is required to sign an affidavit and declare that the assignee will work only for that specific university.
- The university is required to provide the assignee with the needed resources for his research. Please note that in the regular process, the Israeli employer has an obligation to pay the employee a minimum of 17,500 NIS.
- The university is required to provide the assignee with medical insurance.
- The assignee is required to provide a Health Declaration.
- The visa can be extended for up to 4 years. Please note that in the regular procedure, the visa can be extended for up to 63 months.