By KTA News Team |
To Kan-Tor and Acco’s request, with efforts to end the long period of ambiguity surrounding the validity period for passports for work visas, the Ministry of Interior has advised today as follows:
- If the employee is not in Israel, the passport must be valid for 18 months from the time the visa becomes valid at the consulate or upon entry at the border control (upon successful waiver application).
- However, if the expert is in Israel (for example in SEA for up to 3 months B-1 work visa process), the passport must be valid for 6 months from the date the permit ends.
The same rules apply to B-2 dependent of a B-1 work visa holder.
- New 1-Year Expert Visa & Extension: the passport should be valid for at least 21 months from the time of case initiation. (Adding a 3-month process for the 18-month passport validity requirement)
- SEA Up to 3-month B-1 work visa: the passport should be valid for at least 7 months from the time of case initiation. (Adding a 1-month process for the 6 -month passport validity requirement)
- We recommend that all clients review the validity of their passports and renew it if necessary to ensure that they meet the requirements for work visa applications.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this update, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.